Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Having fun, Wish I Were Here


I’m homesick and I don’t know for where,
But I remember I was happy there.
It could be a wisp of mem’ry from a lifetime ago,
Or something I can’t focus on yet, further down the road—
I don’t know.
Where we came from isn’t clear.
And where do we take it from here?
Gonna head out on the highway, hit the trail, and hop the fence
To the only place I’ve ever been that made a lick of sense
To me so,

Take me back to Here and Now.
Hitch me to some holy cow.
It’ll happen, I just know it;
Dear God, please don’t let me blow it.
Put my feet back on the path to Here and Now.

I’m homespun and I don’t know from what,
But I have my suspicions what it’s not:
It cannot be felt with fingers, nothing farmers can grow,
Something stuck inside this shell we’ll have to shed before we go
To re-glow.
When we look out at the stars,
Do we remember who we are?
I feel foreign and frustrated when I cannot reach the sky,
Then things get back to normal when I dream that I can fly
And float, so,

Forward my mail to Here and Now.
What else is there anyhow?
If I don’t live another minute,
Let me be nowhere but in it.
Hey, there ain’t no place like home: Here and Now.


We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. ~T. S. Eliot

1 comment: