Saturday, September 13, 2014

Optional Attachments

I realize that nothin is forever.
Ain’t no ties that somethin cannot sever.
If she at least had run off with a person,
By now I would have stopped fumin and cursin.

I’m not prone to be an over reactor,
But my darlin ran away with my tractor.
Her sad attempt to make me feel better
Was writin me this here John Deere letter.

I used to think that there was no one sweeter;
Thought she was the totter to my teeter.
Now I've been sorry that I ever met her,
Ever since the mailman brung this John Deere letter.

“Dear Joe, I hope you don’t think me unkind;
You know tractors are a weakness of mine.
If I was mean, I never meant to be;
Lord help me, I love yellow and green machinery.”

A John Deere letter? Please tell me you’re kiddin.
Am I in the Twilight Zone? Is there a camera hidden?
A John Deere letter? Where’d I put my inhaler?
Maybe you two can get hitched to a cotton trailer.


1 comment:

  1. "Was writin me this here John Deere letter."

    Very funny wordplay!

    ReplyDelete